I am an artist mainly using PVA glue, acrylic and various forms of digital media, with recent exhibitions in Brazil, London and China.
I am also the Course Leader for MA Fine Art Digital
and Postgraduate Programme Director
at the University of the Arts London (Camberwell College of Arts).
• This Masters course is an invitation to students to join a research project that’s exploring and defining what art is in the digital age.
• It is offered both as a studio based course in London and as a Low Residency/Online option with students living anywhere in the world, engaging fully online and with the option of coming to London for intense 2 week Low Residency periods.
Details of the most recent graduating students work can be seen here.
I used to live in China and still regularly have exhibitions there and lecture at several universities in Beijing, Shanghai and Kunming.
I’m fascinated by too many things for my own health!
• the intersection of art, theology and the digital;
• art practice as research and a means to creating new understandings
• elearning, online and low residency masters study;
• reflective art practice and how this is enhanced by digital tools;
• Liverpool, the city and the football team;
• China, Chinese art both contemporary & traditional forms particularly calligraphy;
• economics, sustainability and justice (particularly restorative justice) (too broad I know)
• BBC World Service – brilliant radio
• Chinese tea – learning how to brew it properly, as well as drinking it
I have a wonderful wife and 3 sons who keep me sane.